Safety is our number one priority
Glass front fireplaces can reach extreme temperatures when in operation and continue to remain hot for at least 30 minutes after the fireplace is turned off. A study documenting more than 600 serious burns suffered by children across Canada from glass-fronted fireplaces. The all too common occurrence of toddlers and even adults burning their hands and faces on the glass or surrounding metal has prompted a safety screen to be permanently attached to the front. Every one of our gas fireplaces has been designed, tested and manufactured with a new safety screen. The screens are seamlessly attached and will not take away from the beauty of your new fireplace. We want every owner to have the peace of mind that they can leave their child or pet playing in front of the fireplace knowing they will be fine.
Along with the safety screens, every one of our fireplaces also has an electronic gas shutoff and combustion gas control for added safety. Since a lot of fireplaces are being used as zone heating with remote thermostats, we felt equally concerned that these screens be implemented. Please know that every Savannah Heating gas fireplace has this new safety feature installed.
...a study documenting more than 600 serious burns suffered by children across Canada from glass-fronted fireplaces...
...2001 and 2014 following a class-action lawsuit triggered two years ago when a toddler burned his hand on a glass-fronted fireplace.